Friday, January 4, 2013

I did it!

About one month ago I listed my extra car for sale. It had been sitting for a very long time, in hopes that I would one day, yes, one day get it fixed and get it running. That day never came, and I changed my mind on the car. My emotional attachment to it has somewhat diminished, and I had grown tired of looking at the car, although I really did love it. It was time to let it go.

The car has been listed as mentioned for about one month, and it I'm not joking, it got 1,618 views online locally. Today I got a phone call from someone once again who came to look in the car. I let him take it for a test drive and he came back and said, "What's the lowest you'll go?" My response was, "What do you offer?" I told him $200 less than my asking price. We agreed in the middle which means I got $100 more than I thought I could get realistically.

So it's Friday late afternoon when this was happening and he said we could go to the bank and get the money. Now, you need to understand that most people didn't have all the cash, so I agreed. We went to the bank he got a Cashier's Check and deposit it into my bank account and I gave him the title. We did all the other fine detail paperwork and he was happy to have the car.

He's happy, I'm happy, and there's an extra space in the driveway and I don't have to dread looking at the car every single day. That clutter is gone. What a relief! I started thinking that I was never going to get rid of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment